Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Standing up

I know. I should be sleeping. But I can't help it.

Something came to my mind. (ok. I know)

In the last 12 months, it has been a very interesting journey, in the course of meeting people, either professionally or otherwise.

I must say there is a better sense of clarity I feel now then 12 months ago. Amidst the deadlines and clutter I often (bring) encounter in my life.

One thing I did learn about is that it is difficult to leave comfort zones. I am fortunate to have little attachments that influence decisions for change. And nights like this I reflect on why I did not make my decisions earlier.

Regardless of that, I have to say that having kept to what you believe in for 12 months, years or significant periods of your life is tough.

I must say that I have met many, who have sung different tunes to suit the moods and played fans to different camps, to fit the selfish (unselfish?) purposes.

Not judging. Just reflecting. Perhaps also having the time off allows me to see things a little clearly and to take off those rose-tinted glasses I wear occasionally.

I might not have driven that luxury car, or purchased the fancy condominium with the sexy postcode.

But, I have made my decisions with a (rather) clear consience and with integrity, something I still believe the profession holds close to its heart.

And I continue to be driving my radio-less vehicle and living in what I make out as my own personal space.

1 comment:

Ben Samin said...

you spelt conscience wrong... it's a sign! u sure it's clear??


Sincerely,

Devil's Advocate : )