Tuesday, September 04, 2007

I know..

I should be sleeping at this hour, seeing how the bloodshot eyes looked right back at me at the mirror earlier. .

But, I needed a distraction and found a common theme amidst inspecting my wardrobe earlier.

I really need to get new pants. And several pairs at that, mind you.

Other than the one that has a hole from a manhole fall, (it wasn't my fault, the manhole should not have been there in the first place), the rest also suffer from some sort of defect.

After close inspection, I realise that these pants, some as old as 8 years, needed to be replaced or ragged. Other than the usual wear and tear (one of it had to be ragged due to a bad fall after chasing the former Transport Minister on 3 inch heels.. yes, I know, journalists do NOT wear heels, but I was such a greenie then), the one common feature was the wear at the side of the left leg due to the constant contact with my strap(on, ahem) laptop bag.

Anyway.

I don't know if it is about maintenance or the lack of it in my life, or some could even say the lack of care for appearances. I don't know, maybe I'm not big on appearances or maybe I selectively care for whatever hangs in my closet. I swear, if not for that spring cleaning imposed by the lady of the house, there would be alot more (90s) gems in there that could be pulled out for today's wear.

I guess, my point is that, there are days when there are bigger issues to contend with and there are days when the RM148 hairdryer purchased from KK meant so much to me. Ok, ok, the two BCBG dresses at a 50% discount were also a steal. :)

Things are about to change, I believe, and it's not about having new sets of pants in my wardrobe.

And, I must admit here in this space, finding the courage to push oneself further is one of the tougher challenges anyone had to go through. I figured, if I can keep at it, I can really work on life's aspects closer to my heart. Focus, clarity and patience. Patience is the one I lack most.

Pants to patience.

Something worthwhile to consider.

No comments: