Saturday, March 17, 2007

Ten.

A yoga instructor, teaching meditation, once told me to clear my head, relax and focus on my breathing. After imagining my lungs expanding and contracting for about five seconds, which can feel like eternity, I found myself dozing off.
He assured me and the nine others in this 7am class that meditation will help alleviate stress, keep minds focussed, and emotions balanced. Perhaps I am getting it wrong, because meditation is certainly helping me fall asleep, once a problem for me.

I digress.

I find my head cluttered with 1001 trivialities and issues of the (my tiny) world, hence why the meditation class was much desired.
At times wishing life came with a manual, I would then turn to page 61 to find that it was time go back to school, quit my job, get a pet iguana, or something of that effect.

I reckon, listing down the things I want to do or haven't done yet fun or otherwise, will help in me in authoring my own life manual. Serious or not, it didn't really matter. As long as I articulate it in my head, it should see progress. Someday.... soon...

1. Learn how to climb. A rock. Wall or mountain. Commando style over high security walls would be exciting but will pose issues.
2. Learn how to shoot. I had a conversation over breakfast today with a gf, she wanted to learn how to fly a plane, I wanted to shoot a gun, of course, in a controlled environment. She didn't look convinced.
3. Take up martial arts. Another friend introduced me to a slow paced kung fu, tai chi type class. I didn't seem so keen. I was interested in a lot of kicking action, blood drawing jabs and uppercuts. The gf in question had similar puzzling looks as in the one in no.2.
4. Learn to swim. No explanation needed. I figured as an adult I should get over the my "drowning " incident when I was six. It didn't matter if it happened in a kiddy pool.
5. Tantric yoga - Madonna's physique at her age is self explanatory
6. Set up an outfit to help abandoned children, orphans and homeless kittens.
7. Learn Mandarin - My primary school teacher once told me that I needed to learn Mandarin to work in a bank. The ironies, nevertheless, it's not too late to start on my mother tongue.
8. Teach English in Cambodia. I'm never known to be a patient person. But I reckon in this environment, it will teach me that much treasured virtue.
9. Help build a school in Cambodia
10. Own a singel ringen

Ten. Not a very long list. Not a terribly easy list too. Certainly, though, a list worth keeping.

No comments: