Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Never.. say never..

I'd never thought. Life does offer lessons of a different kind.

Comfort zone. Too familiar, too close to home. It's amazing how spending a little time out of your luxuries make you appreciate the littleness that you have even so much more.

I'd never thought I'd say it, but living in a diverse archipelago allowed exposures previously unheard of.

Exposures of whinges of a different kind, complaints different in nature... exposures of life that can be prickly.

I realise how little my countrymen appreciate of the conveniences, the clear pathways and clean walkways.

The cities in the archipelago offer colours of a different kind, streets streaked with people without homes, children without clean clothes and desperation beyond description.

It has taught me bigger pictures, it has taught me a bigger understanding. It has offered lessons of patience, tolerance and ironically at the other end of the spectrum.. chances to be vocal.

I cringe at the times I slip back into my comfort zone. I hope I will not each time I remember the faces of the people living with nice cars, clothes, only with cardboard boxes.

No comments: