Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Arousals of a different kind.

The story is no different. The story is not new. As a close friend once put it, ride it .. and see where it takes you.

Routine is not fancied, eccentricity is sought. But, having taken the road less .. travelled, as Frost says, will have its risks.. disappointments and failing expectations.

I encounter this time, time again. I should not be surprised at its outcomes.. The hurt, disappointment and sadness are not new experiences to me. I love not knowing the entire truth, not knowing the entire story.. I love discovering.

But discovering brings upon details you would rather not know, details you'd expect to stick close to norm.

It's time to understand then when the choice is not from the normal mould.. its consequences are of a different kind.

Accept that your conscious decisions of exploring life through different moulds of people, will lead to disappointments, failing expectations and sometimes salty tears.

Life is a journey, people say. I'd say people are journeys themselves.. I'd take this current trip as another, experience, an experience that began so so rosy, warm and full of love. A journey that is now leaving a slight bitter aftertaste.. and may end in a bittersweet way.

You're right, you can't tell what can happen in the future. But you can at least grasp what's happening right this minute.

No comments: