Monday, December 17, 2007

I burnt a button

when ironing this evening. How is that possible I don't know.

I amaze myself each day at the discoveries I make, from the mistakes I make, and from the lessons taught to me.

I've been settling in a new environment slowly for the past few weeks. Admittedly rain makes it a little difficult, not impossible, but a little difficult when the echoes of emptiness fills the hours.

Last Sunday was overwhelming. I suppose each chapter came to a close, the thought of moving on, changing, a loved one passing on, leaving people I love behind and finally physically being in a new place.

An hour passed and I looked at my the empty flat and clothes-filled bag. And I couldn't stop the sobs.

I am grateful for the support I have, the kindness shown to me so far.. A close friend's simple words were, take a day at a time and soon it will seem less grey.

I suppose it is all about switching mindsets and perspectives of the choices you make in life. I feel limbo-like now, not really wanting to go home, but not particularly liking the choices I have made. But again, those words ring in my head.

A day at a time. I'll do that.. for now.

No comments: