Sunday, November 04, 2007

Seven year cycle...

Someone I once loved told me about his theory of the seven year cycle. How your life changes every seven years.

I wonder now if there is any truth to that.

Seven years ago.. I was breaking up with someone I wanted to marry. Permed my short cropped hair and dyed it bright neon red. Learnt how to smoke (designer pretensious cigarettes) and met a travelling juggler while filming at a park near Flinders Station. Worked at a community television station classifying gay and lesbian programmes and learnt how to grow tomatoes and brew scotch.

How does one top that?:)

But also. Seven years ago I was nearly hospitalised for heat stroke, nearly "dated" a bisexual (I swear I didn't know) and missed getting hit by a tram in Caulfield.

Goodness... Life is really full of wonders.

If I had a chance to do it all again, today, I would. This time, if I can dictate how my next seven yeas will be, I will date "her", brew single malts or invest in a winery instead.

And. Stick to my natural hair colour, thank you. :)

No comments: