Sunday, January 14, 2007

S.A.N.C.T.U.A.R.Y

It's raining outside. Pelts of water hitting the roof.

Perfect excuse to stay in. Sit in. Hide.

It is easy for some. To find this place. A place that will content them. And find heart's peace.

To some, it is not so. I rediscovered it's difficulties again.

I know tonight why I hide from the masses, seeking differences, seeking uniqueness. It shouldn't surprise me.

Behind the interactions of masses, behind the meetings of volumes.

One would think uniqueness exist. One would think the differences would stand out. It doesn't.

It doesn't. I don't have the answers. I've been searching. I stopped.

I started to believe that uniqueness will present itself in its form.

I find then a sanctuary of my own. Amidst my kinks, my niches, my corner, my peeves.

But.. uniquess taking its form, it did. It unfolded in ways unexpected.

I am discovering a sanctuary unknown, a sanctuary I met. I pray. I can stay.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some one famous once said, "No man's an island". Well, we know he couldn't be more wrong..... I like being an island. I like my isolated sanctuary. It protects and it builds me. It provides and it nutures. It makes me strong. It shields me from the incessantly pounding waves. I don't allow my sanctuary to be shared, selfish a person that I am. I only share my sanctuary with like-minded people, with like-warming souls. Rare as they may be, I am sharing with one now.....

Anonymous said...

dark is the blue moon
deepening melancholia
stretching longing
igniting insatiable passion

if it were my folly
why am i tortured incessantly?

i miss u already.....